NERC has established and maintained long-term and mutually beneficial partnerships with UK organisations in the public sector and civil society.
Working in partnership, we:
- Share and understand specific strategic interests and needs in environmental science.
- Identify opportunities to accelerate the translation of existing environmental science into real world applications, tools and solutions.
- Contribute to the identification of priorities for new strategic research.
By building a deeper understanding of the challenges facing our partners, NERC is able to:
- Design our research and innovation investments are of greater relevance to our partners' sectors.
- Ensure outputs of research are relevant and can be utilised by organisations.
- Equip top talent with the skills they need to meet our partner sector needs.
We work with partners to inform NERC research and innovation through three broad routes:
- Strategic bilateral partnerships. These collaborations are between NERC and a named partner under a co-developed framework for long-term engagement. For example, see our current strategic partnerships.
- Strategic multi-lateral partnerships. These engagements are with multiple stakeholders through networks and forums. For example, see the Research & Innovation for our Dynamic Environment (RIDE) Forum.
- Issue-led partnerships. These relationships are with the specific policy partners and are focused on defined areas of research and innovation. For example, see our current research announcements.
For further information, please contact email@example.com.