Announcement of Opportunity: Landscape Decisions Fellowships
UK Research & Innovation (UKRI) invite proposals to this call on the Strategic Priorities Fund programme on 'Landscape Decisions: Towards a new framework for using land assets'. This is a four-year multidisciplinary programme jointly delivered by NERC, the Arts & Humanities Research Council, the Biotechnology & Biological Sciences Research Council, the Engineering & Physical Sciences Research Council and the Economic & Social Research Council on behalf of UKRI.
Fellowship proposals to this call could address a number of challenges. Examples may include, but are not limited to, the following (in no particular order):
- How to ensure landscape decisions are climate-resilient;
- How landscape decisions can support the UK’s 2050 net zero emissions target;
- The role of mathematics, big data and artificial intelligence within landscape decision making;
- How decisions on multifunctional landscapes can be taken under uncertainty to improve environmental land management;
- The engagement of diverse social and institutional groups with landscape decision making;
- The role of individual emotions and values, and/or finance in landscape decision making.
- How to ensure landscape decisions take account of local/regional place-based factors including those of a socio-political and economic nature.
Three types of Fellowship are available:
Research Synthesis Fellowships. Fellows will be required to implement an independent programme of multidisciplinary research synthesis linked to one or more of the constituent projects and activities in the Landscape Decisions Programme or other relevant landscape decisions research.
Research Translation Fellowships. Fellows will either work alongside or at end-user/stakeholder organisations to implement an independent programme of translation of research outcomes from landscape decision research into policy relevant applications or work alongside an academic research group as a practitioner to translate research outcomes into policy-relevant applications.
Community Engagement Research Fellowships. Fellows will be required to implement an independent programme of research based on engagement with land users or communities related to landscape decision making using one of or a range of arts, humanities, social and political science, and digital methods.
Funds of up to £1 million are available for this call. Fellowships can be full or part-time and applications are open to people at any career stage.
For full details and how to apply, please see the Announcement of Opportunity.
Closing date for proposals: 16:00 on 26 March 2020
For general enquiries relating to this call, please contact Landscape Decisions Programme team: firstname.lastname@example.org
For specific queries regarding support for contacting suitable funded projects from the Landscape Decisions Programme, please contact Landscape Decisions Programme Coordination Team: email@example.com.