New Innovation Advisory Board members - 2016 appointments
14 July 2016
NERC has appointed nine new members to its Innovation Advisory Board (IAB) to replace those who have completed their term.
The Innovation Advisory Board advises NERC on its strategy for strengthening the delivery of economic growth and other societal benefits (impact) from its research and innovation investments. The board helps NERC find the most effective ways to engage stakeholders, translate research and support innovation. The board also monitors and evaluates the effectiveness and impacts of NERC innovation investments.
The new appointments, which started in May 2016, are:
- Dr Adrian Baker - Environmental sciences fellow, Defence Science & Technology Laboratory (dstl).
- Dr Debbie Buckley-Golder - Head of research engagement, Innovate UK.
- Professor Lee Chapman - Director of knowledge transfer, College of Life & Environmental Sciences, University of Birmingham.
- Mr Gary Kass - Deputy chief scientific adviser, Defra.
- Dr Oliver Price - Science leader, Unilever.
- Dr Katherine Royse - Science director for geoanalytics and modelling, British Geological Survey.
- Dr Michael Salter - Research and development facilitator, AB Agri.
- Mr Mark Southwood - Group chief executive officer and chair, Temple Group Ltd.
- Mr Dickie Whitaker - Chief executive, Oasis Loss Modelling Framework.
Secretariat Officer for IAB
07901 115 515