Metabolomics with the Q Exactive course - November 2018
19-21 November 2018 (Monday - Wednesday)
Birmingham Metabolomics Training Centre, School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham
This three-day course will introduce you to using the Q Exactive mass spectrometer in metabolomics investigations. The course is aimed at students and researchers with minimal previous experience of applying LC-MS in metabolomics. The course will be led by experts in the field and include lectures, laboratory sessions and computer workshops and provide:
- an introduction to metabolomics and using the Q Exactive mass spectrometer in your studies
- polar and non-polar sample preparation for profiling and targeted studies
- data acquisition for profiling and targeted studies
- data processing and data analysis
- introduction to metabolite identification.
The course will finish with a question and answer session with a panel of experts.
The course is aimed at individuals with minimal previous experience of applying LC-MS in metabolomics studies. A working knowledge of LC-MS would be advantageous.
This course is free, including travel and accommodation, for PhD students and selected post-doctoral researchers funded by NERC (subject to availability).