What are they?
NERC Innovation Programmes enable businesses, policymakers and civil society to work collaboratively in specific topic areas where there is a strong shared need for environmental research, which can be met by existing NERC science.
- Industry-focused, although topics also relevant to policymakers, regulators and civil society.
- Members define a manageable list of priority topics for the programme and make a contribution to the programme funding.
- NERC invites proposals from academics which address the priority topics and translate the outcomes of research to a form that is usable by members.
- Regular dissemination events at which researchers report their latest findings to members.
Benefits for members
- Access to a developing body of high quality environmental research relevant to the needs of your organisation - allowing you to improve business performance, make decisions with the best possible knowledge, or develop innovative tools and solutions.
- Leverage funding to tackle pre-competitive industry-relevant challenges or to trial more risky research areas which might not otherwise receive funding.
- Opportunity to work with other members to share the cost of pre-competitive research.
- Aimed at translating existing science, therefore giving access to research over a shorter timescale (compared to long term research programmes).
- Understanding and awareness of the latest environmental science and opportunities to develop collaborations with the research base.
NERC is developing Innovation Programmes in the following areas:
To find out more about NERC Innovation Programmes, send an email to the team at email@example.com.