NERC science and observations generate a large amount of data. Although collected for scientific purposes the environmental information provides an important resource for a number of applications outside of academia, for example in information services or in informing decision making for the public, business and policymakers.
NERC wishes to work with academics, industry, policy and civil society to encourage and enable the application of its environmental data to create societal and economic benefit.
Who should be interested?
Organisations and institutions from a wide variety of industry sectors - from those in IT to environmental consultants, policymakers and civil society.
- Environmental Information Strategy
- Solving business problems with environmental data
- Environmental Science to Services Partnership (ESSP)
- Solving Urban Challenges with Data - external link
- Constructing a Digital Environment
Current funding opportunities