Pre-announcement: UKPRP call and information & networking event
20 June 2019
The UK Prevention Research Partnership (UKPRP) funders are pleased to announce that a second funding call will be launched on 3 September 2019 for proposals for new Consortium and Network awards. Under the second call, we are looking to complement the current portfolio of UKPRP investment and anticipate proposals in the areas listed below. The list is not exhaustive, and we'd welcome proposals outside of the areas, provided that they complement the current portfolio;
- preventing poor mental health and promoting mental wellbeing
- reducing health inequalities (where this forms the primary focus of the application)
- social and economic determinants of health and wellbeing
- food systems, unhealthy diets and obesity
- developing interventions in specific ages, including on issues relating to ageing, and in occupational settings
- fostering the use of evidence in decision-making in local government
- urban environment, including transport systems and air quality
- using green and blue space for improving population health and preventing non-communicable diseases (NCDs)
- using digital technologies and social media to deliver interventions, and exploiting large-scale datasets and linkage to routine datasets.
New knowledge and fresh approaches to preventing NCDs can be delivered more effectively through assembling expertise and insights across diverse academic disciplines and users (including policymakers, practitioners, the third sector, industry, the public) and by taking a complex systems approach. We are therefore keen to engage a range of disciplines, including those that have not traditionally been involved in NCD-prevention research, in the second funding round.
Information & networking event - 24 September 2019
An information and networking event will be held in London on 24 September 2019 to communicate the priorities of the second call, to describe the application process, and to provide opportunities for networking between researchers across academic disciplines, and with end users to explore research collaborations.
We are inviting expressions of interest from both research academics and users to attend this information and networking event.
For full details about the call and information & networking event, please visit the MRC website - external link.