Highlight topics – Sixth round
NERC invites proposals for the sixth round of highlight topics, a route for funding strategic research. Highlight topics focus strategic research on defined subject areas, and will be delivered through independent projects.
The highlight topics in this call are:
- Biodegradable plastics as emerging environmental pollutants
- Understanding and predicting the cross-ecosystem impacts of insect decline on ecosystem services and natural capital
- Marine terminating Glaciers in the Earth System
- Achieving net environmental gain and resilient ecosystems in the UK
- Consequences of accelerating Arctic warming for European climate and extreme weather
- Polyisotopologues for constraining atmospheric budgets
- Understanding global lithium resources and cycles to enable a low carbon future
NERC has allocated £16 million to this call. Please refer to the individual highlight topic scope outlined in the Announcement of Opportunity for the maximum duration and budget limits per project. There are more highlight topics than funding is available for, so that all highlight topics will not, necessarily, result in funded grants. This is to ensure that only the very best research is funded.
If you intend to submit a proposal, please complete the online notification of intent form, which must be received by 16:00 on 20 February 2020.
Proposals must be submitted via the research councils' Je-S system by 16:00 on 19 March 2020.
Please see the Announcement of Opportunity for full details.
For eligibility, application process and peer review queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For scientific and remit queries, please contact email@example.com.