NERC Management Board
The NERC Management Board (NMB) was established in September 2016 following a review of internal governance and management arrangements. The revised structure meets the need to deliver management of NERC as a commissioner including its national capability requirements through three bodies: the NERC Management Board (NMB), the National Capability Partners' Forum (NCPF) and the Centre Assurance Boards (CABs).
NMB is responsible for:
- directing the development and implementation of Council's strategies, policies and decisions
- overall corporate management
- effective financial management and capital decisions and spend
- centre allocations (within a national capability commissioning framework)
- resource decisions not taken elsewhere; eg by the Science Board, etc
- developing and maintaining corporate information systems
- ensuring that NERC is managed according to the required standards of accountability, regularity and propriety, achieving high standards of efficiency, effectiveness, economy and health and safety
- NERC as a commissioner issues
- cross-centre issues with relevance to more than one centre.
NMB works with other research councils, and other bodies, on scientific and operational / administrative matters where there is benefit in doing so.
NMB does not get involved in managing individual business units (such as research centres and central functions). This is the responsibility of the relevant director.
NMB currently meets every month.