30 November 2017
21 March 2018
These events are now closed
This course gave participants everything they needed to generate real-world impacts from their research. They left with practical tools that could be used immediately in their research, whatever their discipline and career stage. The training was based on the latest research evidence and took a unique relational approach to deliver wide-reaching and lasting impacts. As part of the session attendees received a copy of the acclaimed The Research Impact Handbook - external link (275 pages) for future reference, and they had the opportunity to sign up for free follow-up online support from Professor Mark Reed.
Key benefits were to:
- learn about evidence-based principles for delivering research impact when there isn't much time
- be inspired by case studies that encouraged them to think out of the box and approach impact in new ways
- be challenged to think critically about how to plan for, track and report impacts in discussions about impact case studies or pathways to impact
- find out about the role of impact in the next Research Excellence Framework
- discover easy and quick-to-use templates that could be used immediately to:
- prioritise which stakeholders and sections of the public to engage with first
- create a powerful impact plan that would guarantee their research makes a difference without wasting their time
- take the pain out of impact tracking.
- harness the power of their digital footprint to enhance their research
- design and facilitate events with research users.
There were 30 spaces available on each day and the courses were delivered by Fast Track Impact.
For queries regarding this course or logistics, please contact: