Announcement of Opportunity: UK Climate Resilience
Notification of Intent closing date: midday on 12 November 2018
Full proposal closing date: 16:00 on 4 December 2018.
UK Research & Innovation (UKRI) are inviting proposals to the first call of the Strategic Priorities Fund UK Climate Resilience programme. The programme will be jointly delivered by NERC, the Economic & Social Research Council (ESRC), the Engineering & Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) and the Arts & Humanities Research Council (AHRC) on behalf of UKRI, and the Met Office on behalf of the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
This first call aims to bring together the UK climate resilience community and/or address key knowledge gaps. Researchers must either:
- currently hold UKRI funding for research related to, or applicable to, climate resilience, or
- have held funding that ended in the past two years (that is, with a project end date after 31 October 2016).
Up to £3·5 million is available in this first round of funding. Recognising the potential range of activities to be supported in addressing the key research criteria, research proposals are sought at two levels and we anticipate funding:
- 8-12 projects up to £250,000 (at 80% full economic cost (FEC))
- 15-20 projects up to £50,000 (at 80% FEC)
The type of activities that are expected to be to be supported include:
- scoping / feasibility studies
- networking / community building activities to work across the disciplines
- focused research activities.
Projects should have a start date no later than 1 February 2019 and last up to twelve months. Further open calls will be announced in 2019.
Applicants must submit a Notification of Intent via the online registration form by midday on 12 November 2018.
Further information on the call and how to submit an application can be found in the Announcement of Opportunity document below.
The closing date for submission of full proposal is 16:00 on 4 December 2018.
For further information, please contact email@example.com.