Announcement of Opportunity: UK Climate Resilience Champion
Notification of Intent: midday on 12 November 2018
Full proposal closing date: 16:00 on 4 December 2018
UK Research & Innovation (UKRI) and Met Office are inviting applications for the role of UK Climate Resilience Champion. The UK Climate Resilience programme will be jointly delivered by NERC, the Economic & Social Research Council (ESRC), the Engineering & Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) and the Arts & Humanities Research Council (AHRC) on behalf of UKRI, and the Met Office on behalf of the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
The Champion will act as thought leader, flag bearer and strategy owner for the UK Climate Resilience research programme. The successful candidate will be provided with 40 months' worth of funding to consult with the wider research and user communities to further develop the UK Climate Resilience programme, and scope the subsequent funding calls and activities to address the research questions needed to achieve the programme objectives.
They will then be responsible for working with the academic and Met Office community to drive integration of research across the programme. The Champion will provide leadership on the interaction of the programme with the user community, as involvement with these stakeholders from the outset will be important to delivery of the programme.
The Champion will be part of a steering committee, composed of senior representatives from policy, the academic community and business leaders, which will support and provide advice to the Champion. The Champion will report to the programme board composed of UKRI and Met Office representatives.
The Champion role will be to:
- ensure alignment across the portfolio of research
- promote knowledge exchange across the programme and to all relevant communities
- ensure linkages to user community including business, practitioners
- ensure linkages to governmental policy requirements
- ensure linkages to international efforts
- raise the profile of the programme in all relevant communities
- coordinate monitoring and evaluation activities
- provide data management and reporting
- provide advice and recommendations to the programme board regarding the scope of subsequent calls
- participate in the steering committee.
In the first six months, the key priority for the Champion will be to refine the priorities for the subsequent calls for funding, to achieve the objectives of the programme.
A grant of up to £500,000 (80% full economic cost) is available from UKRI for a period of 40 months. This grant must start no later than 1 February 2019.
The funding can be used for the following:
- buying out teaching, if applicable
- admin support
- communication support
- research associates to help with workshops, etc
- travel, networking, venues, etc.
Before submitting a full application, applicants must first complete a Notification of Intent via this online registration form by midday on 12 November 2018.
Further information on the call and how to submit an application can be found in the Announcement of Opportunity document below.
The closing date for submission of full proposals is 16:00 on 4 December 2018.
Interviews will take place week commencing 17 December 2018.
For further information, please contact email@example.com.