Highlight topics - Third round
7 July 2016
NERC invites proposals for the third round of highlight topics, a route for funding strategic research. Highlight topics focus strategic research on defined subject areas, and will be delivered through independent projects.
The highlight topics in this call are:
- Quantifying 'Blue Carbon' ecosystem services and assessing human impacts on coastal carbon assimilation, transfer and storage.
- New insights into space weather impact on UK national grounded infrastructure.
- Genesis of magmatic-hosted ore deposits: A systems approach.
- Modelling and forecasting the Earth's radiation belts.
- Innovative applications of big data techniques to natural hazard prediction and risk mitigation.
NERC has allocated £9 million to this call and a maximum of £3 million (80% full economic cost) is available per highlight topic. There are more highlight topics than funding is available for, so not all highlight topics will necessarily result in funded grants. This is to ensure that only the very best research is funded.
Notification of intent to submit a proposal must be received by 16:00 on 8 September 2016.
Proposals must be submitted via the research councils' Je-S system by 16:00 on 29 September 2016.
Please see the Announcement of Opportunity for full details.
For eligibility, application process and peer review queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For scientific and remit queries, please contact email@example.com.