The Technology Clusters aimed to improve coordination and collaboration in environmental technology research activities. They brought together key researchers and other stakeholders and provided a forum for technology networking and knowledge exchange. Each cluster operated for two years.
Background & objectives
NERC supported two clusters in total, one in each of the following two of NERC's strategic technology areas:
- Remote Sensing & Earth Observation.
- Informatics, Models & Data.
The objectives of the technology clusters programme were to:
- Create and support technology clusters in four strategic technology areas:
- Remote Sensing & Earth Observation
- Intelligent Field Sensors & Networks of Sensors
- Novel Laboratory Instrumentation
- Informatics, Models & Data
- Develop a supportive and vibrant environment for technologies research.
- Provide a forum for technology dissemination, showcasing and sharing best practice across NERC science disciplines.
- Facilitate the growth of the NERC Technology Community.