UKRI partner for Green GB Week
15 October 2018
The first Green GB Week will take place on 15-19 October 2018.
This is a government-led week and UK Research & Innovation is a key partner, with a number of events and activities planned across the country. The aim of Green GB Week is to engage us all with the importance of tackling climate change and ensuring clean growth.
Businesses and universities are vital in driving the innovation we need for clean growth, from developing the technology to charge electric vehicles more quickly and researching long-term renewable energy solutions to identifying opportunities to reduce plastic waste.
Each day of Green GB Week has a specific theme:
- Monday: UK leadership on climate science
- Tuesday: Clean growth and innovation
- Wednesday: Clean investment and the low carbon economy
- Thursday: Clean growth as a business opportunity, new business and job opportunities
- Friday: Climate action in communities
For full details of the UKRI-led events and activities, visit the UKRI website - external link.
NERC External Communications Manager
1. NERC is the UK's main agency for funding and managing research, training and knowledge exchange in the environmental sciences. Our work covers the full range of atmospheric, Earth, biological, terrestrial and aquatic science, from the deep oceans to the upper atmosphere and from the poles to the equator. We coordinate some of the world's most exciting research projects, tackling major issues such as climate change, environmental influences on human health, the genetic make-up of life on Earth, and much more. NERC is part of UK Research & Innovation, a non-departmental public body funded by a grant-in-aid from the UK government.
2. UK Research & Innovation is a new body which works in partnership with universities, research organisations, businesses, charities and government to create the best possible environment for research and innovation to flourish. We aim to maximise the contribution of each of our component parts, working individually and collectively. We work with our many partners to benefit everyone through knowledge, talent and ideas.