Metabolomics with the Q Exactive - April 2019
1-3 April 2019 (Monday - Wednesday)
Birmingham Metabolomics Training Centre, School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham
This event has now closed
This three-day course introduced use of the Q Exactive mass spectrometer in metabolomics investigations.
The course was led by experts in the field of metabolomics and includes lectures, laboratory sessions and computer workshops to provide a detailed overview of the metabolomics pipeline applying the Q Exactive mass spectrometer.
- introduction to metabolomics on the Q Exactive, the metabolomics workflow, and case studies using the Q Exactive
- using the Q Exactive family of instruments in your metabolomics investigations
- experimental design and the importance of quality control samples
- sample preparation including polar and non-polar preparation methods on biofluids (urine and plasma) and tissue samples
- preparation of samples for profiling and targeted analyses on the Q Exactive
- hands-on data acquisition for profiling and targeted studies, setting up the Vanquish UHPLC coupled to the Q Exactive MS
- data processing workshop
- data analysis workshop (univariate and multivariate analysis)
- introduction to metabolite identification applying data dependent analysis and data independent analysis
- question and answer session with a panel of experts
- tips and tricks
- problem solving.
This course was free, including travel and accommodation, for PhD students and selected post-doctoral researchers funded by NERC (subject to availability).