Multiple biofluid and tissue types, from sample preparation to analysis strategies for metabolomics course - July 2018
23-25 July 2018 (Monday - Wednesday)
Birmingham Metabolomics Training Centre, School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham
This event has now closed
This three-day course provided a comprehensive overview of dealing with complex biological samples for LC-MS analysis. The course was targeted towards students and researchers who were actively applying metabolomics in their research. The course was led by experts in the field and included:
- an overview of quenching and extraction strategies for different biological samples
- hands-on sample preparation using different sample types
- hands-on HILIC and reversed phase LC-MS data acquisition
- solid phase extraction clean up methods
- an overview of data analysis and metabolite identification
- an opportunity to ask questions and seek advice to prepare samples in your own research.
The course was aimed at PhD students and post-doctoral researchers who have been actively applying metabolomics for a minimum of six months. If individuals wanted to take the course but did not have the recommended level of experience they were to contact the course administrator for advice.
This course was free, including travel and accommodation, for PhD students and selected post-doctoral researchers funded by NERC (subject to availability).