NERC Research Fellows and Knowledge Exchange Fellows Training Workshop
18-19 January 2017 (Wednesday-Thursday)
University of Birmingham
This event has now closed
By invitation only
NERC hosted a NERC Research Fellows and Knowledge Exchange Annual Training Workshop. The aims of the training days were:
- a greater understanding of Impact and how engaging with non-academics can be beneficial
- providing soft skills, tools and training to undertake activities related to both academic work and engagement activities with potential and existing partners
- sharing of best practice/activities in this area
There were a variety of sessions such as:
- how to generate impact from your research
- how to design an effective science poster
- the use of art in science
- and more.
Attendees were encouraged to bring along their best science poster as there was a competition with external judges. The posters also informed others about the work they were doing. There were prizes for the top five.
There was a networking dinner plus accommodation on the nights of 17 and 18 January.
The closing date for registration was 13 January 2017.
For further details please contact: