Natural Hazards Partnership
The Natural Hazards Partnership (NHP) brings together expertise from across the UK's leading public sector agencies with the aim of drawing upon scientific advice in the preparation, response and review of natural hazards.
The partnership enables more coordinated and coherent advice for the government and the resilience community. Key stakeholders include the Cabinet Office Natural Hazards Team within the Civil Contingencies Secretariat as well as the responder community across the UK.
The NHP informs the National Risk Register - external link - and publishes a UK-wide multi-hazard daily assessment providing an at-a-glance summary of a range of natural hazards:
- Geological hazards (such as landslides)
- Space weather
- Volcanic ash
- Weather (including extreme temperatures, snow, ice, and fog)
- Air quality
The following NERC research centres are involved in the partnership:
- Centre for Ecology & Hydrology (CEH)
- British Geological Survey (BGS)
- National Oceanography Centre (NOC)
- National Centre for Atmospheric Science (NCAS)