Sixth round of highlight topics announced
As a result of its ideas process, NERC is pleased to announce the topics that will be offered through its highlight topics programme, following the sixth cut-off for ideas.
The highlight topics in this call will be:
- Biodegradable plastics as emerging environmental pollutants
- Understanding, predicting and mitigating the cross-ecosystem impacts of insect decline on ecosystem services and natural capital
- Marine terminating Glaciers in the Earth System
- Achieving net environmental gain and resilience ecosystems in the UK
- Consequences of accelerating Arctic warming for European climate and extreme weather
- Polyisotopologues for constraining atmospheric budgets
- Understanding global lithium resources and cycles to enable a low carbon future
Up to £16 million is available for this call. No more than two projects at up to £2 million will be funded for each topic. There are more highlight topics than funding is available, so not all highlight topics will necessarily result in funded grants.
An announcement of opportunity will be published shortly. Notifications of intent are anticipated to be required in February 2020 and the deadline for full proposals is likely to be in March 2020.
For more information contact:
NERC Highlight Topics
Tel: 01793 442594