Engaging Environments stage 2 - Announcement of Opportunity
Je-S open date: 5 October 2018
Closing date for outline proposals: 16:00 on 18 December 2018
NERC is inviting proposals for delivery of public engagement activities costing up to £1·3 million (at 80% full economic cost, with some exceptions) over 36 months.
Stage 2 of the Engaging Environments programme will operationalise learning, leadership and networks from Stage 1, to deliver and lead substantial public engagement activities at scale, with the programme as a whole demonstrating national presence and the use of innovative mixed-model approaches. The successful project will be ambitious, large-scale with clear intent to achieve national profile and recognition for engaging the UK public with contemporary issues of environmental science.
The desired outcomes NERC aims to achieve through stage 2 are:
- Documented delivery of innovative public engagement with impact at scale.
- NERC research community feel support and encouragement to engage, shown through demonstrable effectiveness in delivering public engagement, leading to increased capacity and capability.
- NERC research community seen as a leader in proactively contributing environmental science evidence to debate, across a broad spectrum within NERC remit, with different audiences.
- Researchers and public groups feel engagements were relevant, accessible and useful.
- Build a national profile relevant to identified stakeholders / audiences.
- Shared evaluation and meaningful legacy.
This is an invitation-only call, open to stage 1 project team members and their collaborators. Applicants are referred to the Announcement of Opportunity document below for further details.
For further information on public engagement at NERC, please contact: