Information request complaints procedure

If you have made a request to us under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or the Environmental Information Regulations and you are not satisfied with the way we dealt with it, you may appeal in the first instance to the UK Research & Innovation Complaints Officer:

Complaints Officer
UK Research and Innovation
Polaris House
North Star Avenue

Please write to us giving as much detail as you can about your complaint. We will acknowledge your letter immediately and tell you how long we will take to deal with it. We will then investigate your complaint fully and fairly and send you a swift and complete response. We will also consider your complaint when reviewing how we can improve our services.

If you aren't satisfied with the Complaints Officer's response you may contact the Information Commissioner for a decision:

Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane
0303 123 1113
Fax: 01625 524510

Details of how to take your complaint further can be found on the Information Commissioner's Office website - external link.