SRAM - Membership
Victoria is NERC's Chief Operating Officer.
After graduating from the University of Leeds in 1979 and receiving his PhD from the University of Bath in 1984, Duncan joined University College London. At UCL he held lecturing posts at the Mullard Space Science Laboratory and the Department of Electronic & Electrical Engineering.
He was appointed as a chair in the Department of Space & Climate Physics, and was head of the Department of Earth Sciences at UCL from 2005-2010.
He was founder and director of the NERC Centre for Polar Observation & Modelling (CPOM) from 2000-2005, which discovered the widespread mass loss from the West Antarctic Ice Sheet and its origin in accelerated ocean melting.
He was chairman of the NERC Science & Innovation Strategy Board (SISB) and from 2000, the lead investigator of the ESA CryoSat and CryoSat-2 satellite missions.
Duncan became Chief Executive of the Natural Environment Research Council on 1 January 2012.
Dr Iain Williams is Director of Strategic Partnerships.
Shaun is UK Research & Innovation Finance Business Partner.
- Professor Mark Bailey, UK Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
- Professor Dame Jane Francis, British Antarctic Survey
- Dr Karen Hanghoj, British Geological Survey
- Professor Ed Hill, National Oceanography Centre
- Professor Stephen Mobbs, NERC Centre for Atmospheric Sciences
- Professor John Remedios, NERC Centre for Earth Observation